I receive many questions about audition beauty tips, and I recently received a great question about standing out with your hair style.
How can I stand out in a good way at auditions with my hair?
Here is some great advice for my beautiful blondes…
My blonde bombshells… Show off your lovely locks and add some depth and movement by adding highlights and lowlights to your hair.
If you want to go for the baby blonde look, you most likely will have to have your roots touched up every 3 weeks. You will also want to have your stylist add pale highlights to your hair to add a hint of definition and depth. But be careful–this look requires a lot of bleaching, so you may want to keep your hair at a shorter length to reduce the amount of breakage.
If you’re in to the strawberry blonde look, tell your stylist that you would like blonde coloring with strawberry blonde undertones. You will then want to finish off the look with golden highlights.
For a darker blonde look, you’ll want to ask your stylist for a dark ash blonde base while adding pale highlights toward the ends of your hair.
Quick Tip: If you’re loving your hair color, but feel like you’re looking washed out, try having your stylist add honey or caramel highlights to make your eyes and skin pop.
My ravishing redheads… you ladies are up next! Stay posted for specific tips!
- Instead of wearing your hair with soft waves, consider wearing it completely straight using a flat-iron. Super straight hair looks awesome when you are dancing too–so that’s always a plus.
- Consider bangs–but only if you’re super sure! Allow time for growing them back out if you’re not happy with them. For a more subtle look, try swooped bangs.
- If you’re a curly head, dare to stand out—because you will. Myself and my lovely teammates from the Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders, Nicole and Courtney, rocked our natural curls. If you need help perfecting your curls, try out my curly hair recipe here.
- Try adding subtle layers to add thickness if you struggle with thin hair.
- If you want to wear extensions, make sure that you have a professional stylist blend your own hair with the extensions for a more natural look.
Be careful experimenting with hair color. Adding chemicals to your hair is already damaging, so make sure that you tryout new styles with a professional hairstylist. You will be devastated if you have to audition with damaged and chemically over processed hair.