1. Lindsay Gordon and The Hair Lounge: This incredible salon has the best of the best. All my life I’ve struggled to find the right people who can handle my hair. Color expert Lindsay Gordon has handled my color since 2010, my rookie year as a Dallas Cowboys Cheerleader. I refuse to experiment with finding another, she produces the results I want every time, and I highly recommend her to anyone that lives in the Dallas area. Lindsay has recently opened up a new spot in East Dallas, and she is still the trusted color specialist for a lot of my past DCC sisters. Whether you’re going for a classic look, or something edgy, they can hook you up at The Hair Lounge!
2. Suave Professionals Keratin Leave In Conditioner: I recently experimented with a cheaper product to cut some corners and I discovered this amazing stuff. Suave Professionals Keratin Leave In Conditioner promises to infuse keratin into the strands of your hair to lock in moister and help you prevent damage from over styling your hair. It also helps manage frizz and dryness, which has always been my problem. The best part of all is that it can be found as cheap as $2.99! <3
3. Younique’s 3D Fiber Lashes: If you haven’t heard about the company Younique and it’s amazing 3D Fiber Lashes, then you’ve been missing out! This company has invented the perfect formula for transforming short and thin eyelashes into glamorous show stopping lashes. Younique’s Fiber Lash Mascara will give you that dramatic look for your eyes without the damage and expenses of other eyelash options like, extensions and false lashes. If you’re still skeptical, read my review!
4. Zinc Beauty’s High Definition Foundation:
Many women ask me what I use on my skin to give it that flawless look without it looking so unnatural. Well, when I was a Dallas Cowboys Cheerleader, they made sure to pamper us with the best. DCC make-up artist, Peggy Segundo, has invented the most amazing foundation. It makes your skin look and feel amazing as it is mineral based and completely weightless. If you’ve seen professional pictures of the DCC, then you’ve most likely seen her products and work. This foundation is a staple in my beauty regime and a must have item. Check out the Zinc website to order samples. And if you’re in the Dallas area, she may even agree to meet with you for a one on one consultation.
5. Coastal Scents 22 Piece Brush Set:
I have spent probably hundreds of dollars on cheap make-up brushes that look beautiful on the outside, but stab, scratch and leave loose bristles on my face. I’ve also spent about an arm and a leg on expensive brushes that still left me very unsatisfied. A fashion blogger friend of mine by the name of Rene Berry (see her amazing blog here) showed me her new amazing Coastal Scents brush set. I felt the smoothness of the brushes and immediately assumed that the set was well over $100 dollars. It turned out that the 22 piece set was actually $34.95 and could be purchased as low as $17 dollars when on sale (which happens often). I immediately jumped at the opportunity and purchased a set for myself. I promise, I will never again switch to different brushes. They’re literally professional brushes sold at a wholesale price! Keep a look out for my personal Coastal Scents brush review.
6. MAC Lipstick (Candy Yum Yum):
This product made me extremely nervous at first. In fact, it took me about 3 months to even get the courage to wear this lip color. I purchased this lipstick on a whim, channeling my inner Lady Gaga. This amazing stuff remained neglected in my drawer until I finally decided to test it out. Ever since then, I’ve been in love! Most of my followers know that I’m a school teacher, so let me assure you that I’m not flaunting my hot pink lips in front of my students–but I do love to use this lip color on random weekends to help make my simple outfits really pop.
What are your must have beauty items? Feel free to share, I would love to test them out! Hope you enjoy!