Here is the inside scoop on what the director and judges are looking for…
Philadelphia Eagles Cheerleaders
By Sasha Agent
During the Open Call Audition, contestants will be judged on dance ability including retention of choreography and execution/technique, physical fitness, beauty, confidence, and showmanship.
– Philadelphia Eagles Cheerleaders
See more from FadeShotProductions on YouTube!
Crowd Appeal: Within a professional organization such as the Philadelphia Eagles, it is very important to select cheerleaders that are appealing to the crowd. You must keep in mind that the goal of this organization is to find women with showmanship. This means that they want dancers that will make the fans want to watch them perform. During the many pauses that exist within an exciting football game—somebody needs to maintain the energy of the stadium. So who better than cheerleaders?
- Do they look well put together?
- Do their expressions entertain the crowd and make them want to keep watching?
- Do they look like they can serve as an ambassador to the organization?
Physical Appearance: I would hate to be a judge when it comes to scoring based on physical appearance, because how can you score looks? However, the reality is that physical appearance is another big part of being selected as a professional cheerleader. The Philadelphia Eagles have beautiful women that seem to take care of their bodies. Like most professional cheerleading teams, their uniform appears to be very unforgiving, therefore it is extremely important to keep your body in tip-top shape.
- Do they look physically fit? Or will their body compliment the team uniform?
- Do they have enough stamina to perform with full energy for a 4 hour NFL game?
Professionalism: Within any professional organization—especially when you are expected to represent that brand, it is very important to carry yourself professionally. This means that you should appear as an individual that the team can be proud of. In most cases, cheerleaders are expected to attend appearances, thus representing the organization. This means showing up on time with a smile on your face, being able to answer questions, or handling situations in a manner that represent the team well. For more on professionalism in pro cheerleading click here.
- Can they speak to an audience in a professional manner?
- Do they show signs of being prepared? Did they show up on time with everything that was asked of them?
Technical Dance Ability: Professional cheerleading requires an extensive background in dance. In most cases, you must have some knowledge in Jazz, Pom, and Hip Hop—NFL cheerleading is usually a combination of the three. The Philadelphia Eagles Cheerleaders look like they incorporate all three dance styles.
- Does the individual demonstrate technique with turns, kicks, leaps, etc…?
- Are they able to catch on quickly to the choreography? Can they perform the choreography after it was taught?
- Check out the cheerleader website and become very familiar with their content. They may have tips embedded within their content.
- Study the history and current football team facts.
- Make sure you know the name of the cheerleader’s director.
- Watch videos of the cheerleaders to study their dance style.
- Work on building stamina by doing cardio at least 4 times a week.
- Study current events.
- Experiment with hair and make up and use their current cheerleaders as a guide.
- Work on getting abs by using my fitness resources.
- Purchase/make audition attire.
- Start working on eating well-balanced meals to keep your body energized–No crash dieting or fasting!
- Take dance technique classes and choreography classes as much as you can.
For more information on the Philadelphia Eagles Cheerleaders and their audition process, click here!