Fight to the Finish!
Hoping week 2 of my Brain Reframe Challenge went well for you! For the final week I want to focus on your end goal, and finish strong.
When it comes to retraining the brain, we must focus on our ultimate goal so that we have something to aim for, and therefore, finish strong.
Let the Brain Surgery Begin! Week 3
Day 15: Reminder
- Get your journal or calendar, and take a look at Day 21, just to give yourself a reminder of your end goal.
- Now on Day 15, simply follow the video to engage in the same breathing exercise as last week. Again, you will practice this daily.
- Take a note for today and write… “Week 3, let’s finish this!”
Day 16: New Happy Place
- For week 2, you had to find a new happy place. This week you will find a realistic place. You’ve definitely been to this place before, so just make sure you can visualize yourself at this specific happy place.
- Draw a symbol or picture of your new ideal place on Day 16 in your journal.
- Next, play this week’s video and visualize yourself in your new realistic happy place.
Day 17: Think about your Ultimate Goal.
- Think back to your ultimate goal from last week, and visualize yourself reaching this goal.
- Next play last week’s video and visualize yourself in your new happy place, but this time envision yourself experiencing the happy place with the knowledge that you have reached your ultimate goal.
- Draw a symbol of something that represents what you saw during your meditation.
Day 17-20: Visualize, Visualize, Visualize
- Find a quiet place first thing when you wake up.
- Ask yourself, can I reach my goal?
- Follow up with a confident YES, and begin to visualize this week’s happy place with the knowledge that you have reached your ultimate goal, all while engaging in last week’s video.
Day 21: Reflect
- When you wake up, find the time to reflect in your journal by drawing out pictures or symbolic representations of your goal.
- Once you have your images drawn out, write your goal in a one sentence statement.
- Now repeat steps 2-3 from Days 17-20.
Congratulations! You are officially finished with my brain reframe challenge, and should have a retrained your brain! Remember that your brain will always need reminders, especially for those of us that have been hardwired to think negative thoughts. Always try to make a conscious effort to prevent your brain from falling back into its negative mode.
*Please note that I am not a licensed psychologist or counselor. I am also not an expert on neuroplasticity. I developed these activities based on my own personal knowledge and research on creating habits. Results may also differ and depend on the individual. For some, creating a habit may take more than 21 days–and I may be one of those people due to my short-term memory problem. : / Have fun with this y’all!
Fill out my “contact” form if you want to share anything positive from your first week!